Asking questions in class is a huge part of making a class interactive. But asking questions, as simple as it sounds can be a bit more complex than just selecting some students to answer
- Reflect about cold calling and how that affects students
- Identify alternatives to asking questions in class
- Explain the pros and cons of cold calling
- Explain what alternatives could be used
- Plan and execute an alternative to cold calling in a class you are teaching
- What kind of question did you ask?
- How did the students get to answer the question?